Thursday, May 6, 2010

Remember Who You Are


My maternal grandmother told me on one million different occassions to "remember who you are." She would tell me this before leaving her house almost every time I was there. I still think of that statement a lot. I need to more often remember who I am. And I believe people would be more inclined to walk a better path if they would just ... remember who they are.


We have a head to think of ways to be thoughtful and mindful of others. We have a heart to love and care about others. We have arms to comfort each other. We have mouths to console with encouraging words.


Often times we use these things for quite the opposite: our head for thinking hateful thoughts, hearts that grow cold and heavy, arms to hit or push away and mouths that spill words that sting and hurt.


We have to remember who we are. We are the children of God.


Remember who you are. The more we understand who we are the more we will understand why we are.




No comments:

Post a Comment