Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leap of Faith



I learned how to take a true leap of faith this year. After the passing of my brother Addison, in July 09, I wanted desperately to do something to honor his memory. I thought of many various ideas and none of them really seemed to be right.

Then one night after many months of pondering and prayer I came up with Give Soles. The whole idea was based off one great memory of my brother giving his brand new school shoes to his best friend who only had old worn out ones to wear.I took that memory and ran with it. Now a little over a month after getting started, we have raised $10,000 to purchase new school shoes in August for economically disadvantaged kids. Our goal was to raise $3,000 and our success has been incredible.

God has a sense of humor. How you might ask? Because I felt a calling from Him to start a nonprofit organization during one of the worst economic times in this country's history. I admit I was worried. I did not know if we could raise any money during these hard times. But I had to follow my calling and walk out on that limb. And I couldn't be happier that I did. I put all my trust in Him and saw donations pour in despite the economy's situation. God is funny in that way. He challenges us in challenging times and sometimes we just have to take a leap of of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment